My professional assistant (clever husband) sourced our inkjet printer and various papers for our first efforts. We are also testing Reynolds freezer paper for this process. It will be much cheaper.
I have printed covers of 50's and 60's Home Journal magazines. I am using these to give a retrovibe to plain old calico bags. The plan is:
- front of bag - magazine print
- bag of bag - fabric with a old-world look
- other decorations may include: buttons, lace, beads, ribbon, rick rack as the desire takes me.
Getting back to sewing and setting up a sewing corner has been a lot of fun! I have started to make:
- aprons out of old tea towels
- aprons from old tea shirts
- aprons from scratch with retrofeel
- tote bags from various fabrics
I am still considering buying bulk white or calico aprons, but that plan will have to be fleshed out a little first.
I now have to get an ABN and will begin to explore having a market stall next year.